Apprenticeship Program: First Saturday of each month, May 2nd thru October 3rd. 10am–3pm
- Have you always wanted to work professionally in the Floral Design Industry? Now you can!
Join our 6-month intensive Floral Design Apprenticeship Program!
Our apprenticeship program is a deeply experiential program with personal guidance from Pam Bell, Senior Designer, Teacher & Program Director at Dragonfly Floral.
Pam is also a Life and Business Coach and will bring this experience into the classroom for your benefit.
- More information below
You will learn:
- HOW TO DESIGN FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS IN VARIOUS STYLES:
Loose organic arrangements, compact arrangements, pedestal arrangements, low and long arrangements, centerpiece arrangements, and arrangements large and small.
- WHAT’S ON THE FARM: Walk the farm at each class and learn about
the vast selection of foliage, pods, branches, grasses, blossoms and the many options for making your floral arrangements original and interesting. Learn how this foliage changes from season to season and how to utilize these natural transformations in your designs
- HOW TO DESIGN WEDDING FLORALS: bouquets, boutonnieres, nosegays & corsages. You’ll work on a real wedding and learn the importance of set-up! Details, details, details.
- TIMING & PACING: How to design under pressure. How to design for volume. How to make each arrangement look original and unique.
- A FIELD TRIP TO SF FLOWER MARKET to learn how to: gain entrance into the flower market, select optimal product, manage your costs, when to buy product based on season and timing of event, and how to choose complimentary accents and foliage.
- HOW TO CHOOSE BEST CONTAINERS FOR SHOWCASING FLOWERS: Glass vases, urns, wooden boxes, bottles, maches, collectibles & more based on the style of the event and its surroundings.
- WHAT SUPPLIES ARE NEEDED for a start-up flower business
- HOW TO WORK WITHIN A BUDGET
- HOW TO BUILD A FLORAL DESIGN RESUME AND PORTFOLIO including how to take great photos of your work
- HOW TO MARKET YOUR SERVICES, build a client list and utilize social networks to your benefit
- WHAT MAKES A GREAT FREELANCE DESIGNER
- HOW TO TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU DO
This program will develop your skills, deepen your understanding, grow your confidence and inspire your passion! As a group we will encourage each others potential and support each other in reaching your dreams. A buddy system for ongoing support will be encouraged. A coaching program for ongoing learning, development and business start-up will be available for an additional fee.
CLASS SCHEDULE: First Saturday of each month, May 2nd thru October 3rd. July class will be on second Saturday, due to July 4th. Classes run from 10am–3pm. There will be a Monday field trip to SF Flower Market, date to be determined. Other time requirements include:
• Working on Thursday & Friday prior to the wedding we will be designing, dates to be determined.
• 10 hours minimum working in the Design Barn to get experience working in a functioning floral retail shop. Can be performed on weekdays or Saturdays. More hours are permitted with approval.
• Assisting Pam with a minimum of 2 classes throughout the year — either Wednesday nights, Saturdays, or at Team Building Events